Healthy mind is healthy body
*Practice Mindfulness Meditation – Improve Your Mental and Emotional Health
Stress is life, life is stress.
- It is not possible to get rid of stress completely but we can take measures to bring stress down to optimum level.
- Stress, anxiety and panic attacks are rather a manifestation of having tried to remain strong for too long, and not a sign of weakness. Those who struggle should not feel they are alone, 1 in 3 of us experience these at some point in our lives.
- 74% of people have reported feeling so stressed in the past year, they have been overwhelmed or unable to cope.
- Approximately 1 in 4 people experience a mental health problem each year and 1 in 5 people in employment experience some form of mental health concern.
- By practicing mindfulness, you can better manage stress, anxiety, low mood, sleep deprivation and pain, and also improve confidence, self esteem and ability to concentrate.
- I am passionate about sharing my skills and experience, to deliver various Mindfulness techniques, Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness based cognitive therapy (MBCT), for the benefit of health and wellbeing of local community.
- I’ll be working closely with you on one-on-one basis and in a group setting.
*Life is here and now
- Mindfulness is paying attention to the present moment whilst meditation is the formal practice of mindfulness which anchors ourselves in the present moment.
- Meditation is the way of deliberately bringing our attention to where we want it to be at that moment in time.
- This can be achieved by focusing on our bodily sensations such as breathing or physical senses and external stimuli like sounds and voice guidance.
- Meditation trains us to be more happy, kind and compassionate.
*Unfold the science behind practicing Mindfulness Meditation:
- As more and more research is emerging, it is believed that we can actually strengthen and improve our brain function by harnessing neuroplasticity.
- Neuroplasticity is the ability of the brain to adapt throughout individual’s life by remodelling neural networks.
- Enhanced neuroplasticity has proven to upgrade the brain, achieving whole brain synchronisation and improving brain function as we can rewire our brain.
- And scientists agree meditation is the #1 brain changer.
- It is often described as exercise for the mind, where you are working consciously to bring your focus and attention to a single point.
*Mindfulness is a state of experiencing mind and body oneness
- It is different to merely being present in a room when the mind is elsewhere.
- In a sense that when you are fully being present, you enjoy something you are doing so much that you are completely unaware of anything else.
- This sense of oneness cultivates clarity and focus improving performance.
- The mindfulness practices are secular and suitable for all age groups and the emerging scientific research widely supports the benefits experienced.
Mindfulness is the way of making us kind, compassionate and happy and backed by several scientific studies, it appears to be the most proven way to develop the better brain.