Dr Suchita Karthik
- Mindfulness, MBSR, MBCT Practitioner and Trainer
- (UKCMM accredited Mindfulness Practitioner and trainer)
- (MBBS, MD, FRCPath)
*HealthWise Leeds – http://www.healthwiseleeds.co.uk/suchita-karthik/
*Faculty member and Mindfulness teacher – Wellbeing Mind and body day retreats
- I am an UKCMM accredited mindfulness practitioner and trainer. I have attained mindfulness teacher training qualification from Mindfulness Now at St. Johns College Oxford, affiliated to the licensing body – UK College of Mindfulness Meditation.
- I am a registered member of UKCMM and follow good practice ethics. The teacher training qualification has trained me to deliver mindfulness and its practices along with mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) and mindfulness based cognitive therapy (MBCT), which I incorporate in my practice.
- I have also completed a Mindfulness Masterclass and Neuroplasticity and Mindfulness courses.
- I am passionate about promoting Mindfulness in healthcare and communities.
- Prior to taking on this role, I have successfully worked in the NHS for 14 years, delivering a quality diagnostic service. But felt something was amiss!
- As I am passionate about health and wellbeing, I wish to empower people to take more control over their life, help them live more fulfilling lives- teach them how to cope better with life’s stressors and reduce the intensity of factors contributing to ill health.
- My mindfulness journey began as a quest to improve wellbeing.
- Preventative measures and holistic approaches are increasingly advocated in healthcare.
- Life style modifications, healthy diet, mindfulness and yoga are widely implemented to improve health and wellbeing.
- The mind and body link on improving health has been well established That’s right- Healthy mind is healthy body
- After experiencing the life transforming benefits of practicing mindfulness first hand, I wish to integrate mindfulness widely in the communities and healthcare to enhance the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
- The benefits of practicing mindfulness are backed by a multitude of scientific studies.
- I offer personalised one to one therapy sessions catering to individual needs and also work with small groups.
- All you need is the desire to take control of your life and willingness to engage.